In the following article, we have summarized the various cleaning methods: with the help of spray cleaner, soap, vinegar and vacuum.
Clean A Yoga Mat With A Spray Cleaner
One way to clean your mat is using a yoga mat spray cleaner. Cleaning with spray cleaner will help eliminate any bacteria or dirt on the carpet and will leave it smelling fresh and clean. You can also use soap and water, but this might not be as effective as a spray cleaner because you will need to scrub harder than a spray cleaner.
Clean A Yoga Mat With A Vacuum Cleaner
1) Turn on the vacuum cleaner and put it over the mat’s surface.
2) Clean the mat’s surface by moving the vacuum cleaner back and forth.
3) After cleaning, turn off the vacuum cleaner and remove it from the surface of your mat.
4) Put your mat in a place where it can air dry overnight.
Clean A Yoga Mat With A Wet Towel
There are many ways to clean a yoga mat; Some people use soap and water; others use a wet towel. The best way to clean your mat is to use a damp towel because it will not leave any soap residue.
- Remove any dirt or debris from the mat by shaking it and brushing it with your hands.
- Moisten the towel and wring out any excess water, so it is not dripping or too wet.
- Wipe down the entire surface of the mat in one direction to remove all dirt and bacteria from the mat’s surface.
- Take the wet towel off and repeat steps 1-2 until the mat is clean
Clean A Yoga Mat With Vinegar
Another great way to clean your mat is to use vinegar because it is a natural disinfectant that will not leave any residue.
- Soak the mat in a mixture of water and vinegar for 15 minutes.
- Scrub the mat with an old toothbrush or sponge and rinse it off with water.
- Spray the mat with vinegar to remove any remaining odors, then leave it to air dry outside in the sun or inside on a clothesline or drying rack away from direct sunlight for at least 24 hours before using it again.